Further details of the road works to be carried out between April and June contained in the following document: Road works list
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED - SECTION 14
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICULAR TRAFFIC
NOTICE OF INTENTION
VARIOUS ROADS WITHIN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY
1. The Council of the London Borough of Bromley HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that, in order to allow highway maintenance, improvement and drainage
work to be carried out in the streets listed in the Schedule below, THEY INTEND to make an Order, the effect of which will be to impose the
following restrictions on vehicular traffic:-
(1) WAITING VEHICLES
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to wait in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street or part of a street adjacent thereto, as may become necessary.
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction on waiting imposed by this Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986, or by the Council, in accordance with the powers conferred upon it.
(2) PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in any street specified in the Schuedule to this Notice, or any other street adjacent thereto.
(3) ONE-WAY WORKING
No person shall, until the works are completed, cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in any street specified in the Schedule to this Notice, or any other street adjacent thereto, in a direction other than that indicated by traffic signs.
N.B. During the prohibitions at (2) and (3) above, displaced traffic will be diverted via local streets, as appropriate.
N.B. The above prohibitions at (3) will not apply to cul-de-sacs.
2. The prohibitions referred to in Paragraph 1 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by
traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
3. The Order will come into effect on Monday 22nd April 2013 with no specified finish date.
4. The Order will have a maximum duration of 18 months, and will begin on or after the commencement date of the Order.
5. Access to properties will be maintained as far as is practicable from either side of closures, as appropriate.
6. Nothing in the Order shall apply to vehicles being used in connection with the works.
7. If you have any queries regarding these works please contact the Council's Environmental Services Department (Street Services
Section) on 020 8313 4907.
Director of Environmental Services
Bromley BR1 3UH
SCHEDULE (only roads in the Orpington area, which are affected, are listed below - for full list, click on News Shopper link at top of article):
St Mary Cray
St Paul's Cray
St Augustine Road
Starts Hill Road
Green Street Green